Tennis Biscuit Ice-Cream Sandwiches w/ Fresh Strawberries
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vanilla ice-cream, cinnamon and strawberries.
- Spread your ice-cream out into a baking tray lined with plastic wrap and return to the freezer to set.
- Using your BAKERS Tennis® biscuits as a template, cut the ice cream into blocks to fit between the biscuit layers.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Allow chocolate to melt and stir until smooth.
- Dip the BAKERS Tennis® biscuits into the melted chocolate until half of the biscuit is coated.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip off then place on a wire cooling rack to set.
- Layer a slice of ice cream between two BAKERS Tennis® biscuits and then return to the freezer before serving.
- Make the ice-cream a day or so ahead of making the sandwiches.
- Add in chopped toasted nuts or chocolate into the ice-cream for a variation on the sandwiches.
- Serve the ice-cream sandwiches as an alternative to a birthday cake.
- Replace the strawberries with 2 x 432 g can crushed pineapple, drained for a pineapple alternative.
- Replace BAKERS Tennis® Cinnamon biscuits with any BAKERS Tennis® biscuit flavour of your choice.
Recipe provided by Bakers Biscuits.