Creamy South African Chickpea Curry
A Savory, hearty & creamy chickpea legume curry with a delectable blend of South African spices & flavors.
This curry dish uses ingredients that are simple & nutritious South African ingredients.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Chopped carrots
- 1 Chopped onion
- 2 Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ Cup of red curry paste
- 1½ Cups of coconut milk
- 2¼ Cups drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 Cup frozen peas
- 1 Cup trimmed and halved green beans
- Handful fresh coriander
- Cooked brown rice
- Preheat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat and add the chopped carrots, onions, and garlic. Fry for 2-4 minutes or until carrots become soft.
- Add in the cumin seeds whilst still continuously stirring the ingredients together.
- Mix in the red curry paste and mix thoroughly for 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk & bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, and simmer while stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the chickpeas, garden peas, and beans then cover & simmer for another 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle the coriander on top before serving.
Serves 4 people